02 March 2009

Winter Beer Sampler


It's cold. It's snowy outside. I'm in the beer mood...wait, I'm always in the beer mood. Regardless, it's Winter Beer Sampler, Part Too Many To Count, at the abode. Thanks to Norm's Beer and Wine, there is decent selection of US microbrews chilling in the snow outside.

First up, Brooklyn Local 2. This ale is wonderful. In fact, I really, really like this beer. I like it so much, I may not even write about the others - though, in a shout-out to my brother, I do have a Left Hand Milk Stout out in the snow.

As I write, the old lady is coming in with Arcadia Ales Double IPA from Battle Creek, MI. Let's see what we think....wait for it...it's a good IPA. The requisite hops are there for an IPA, the aroma seems a bit off, but it's good.

Back to the beers and re-runs of No Reservations on Travel Channel.

2 comments:

  1. nice! and nice snow, btw. i've got access to a pretty nice review spreadsheet we made over at the cigar forum for beertasting, if you happen to want to involve that in your tastings.

    WOOBABYGIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, did you see the 'local' event at brooklyn brew on the 6th of this month?

    ReplyDelete