08 March 2009

A Long, Fun Night

I hate losing that hour for daylight savings. Last night we had a blast going out in DC for a birthday bash. The two spots: Marvin and Saint Ex. Both were good bars. Marvin had a decent selection of Belgian beers between about $6-15, with Saint Ex's lower level for dancing, drinking beer, and sweating. Of course, you've got to sweat, right? It wouldn't be a good night out unless you leave with a soaked shirt and wet hair.

After the two bars, we had some good pizza, too, just down from Saint Ex. Manny and Olga's was some good stuff. Their Greek pizza definitely hit the spot for the handful of us who were fortunate enough to eat it. The pizza joint came on a recommendation from the bouncer at Saint Ex. It's always good to check with the people who work in the area for the good spots. This seems like obvious advice, but some people just don't do it.

Anyway - it was a good night, a long one, and I definitely need to catch up on the lost sleep from Saturday.

All these places are on 14th NW just off the U Street metro. Here's the Google map with some of the nearby restaurants noted in red:

View Larger Map

5 comments:

  1. Two thoughts:
    1) speaking of belgian beer, if you ever happen across Leffe on-tap, try it! bottle=meh, tap=light from sky with singing angels

    2) in re:
    "Of course, you've got to sweat, right? It wouldn't be a good night out unless you leave with a soaked shirt and wet hair."

    ...you must always have a good night, eh, Sweatman? (yeah, capitalized for superhero-name-effect)

    One last quick question: Did you get the 'tender to give a try to making it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, really diggin' the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot recall if I have had Leffe. I will definitely keep an eye out for it whenever I am out. In fact, maybe one day this week I will go looking for a lunch spot that has it.

    And, yeah, I literally must have a good night almost every time I leave the house. Man, even when it was 12 degrees last week, I was hot and toasty anytime I left the house. Coat? We don't need no stinkin' coat!

    I'm still working on figuring how/when I want to start making beer. I'm getting there...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a good night unless your feet hurt the next morning. Damn, it was sweaty in that bar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to go back to Manny and Olga's right now... because while I don't remember exactly what we had (it was late in the night) I do remember enjoying it very much!

    ReplyDelete