14 March 2009

DC Seafood Market (sans photos)

We went to the DC seafood market today on the waterfront. Here's a link to one of the companies down there. It is definitely a place I will return to. Today, it was a bit cool and windy, and the market was not too busy. For us, that worked out great, even though our little girl's hands did turn a little purple. Not my fault, she hates gloves!

I enjoyed seeing all the fresh seafood sitting out for purchase in all the stalls. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera. So, no photos this go-round for the food. The seafood was beautiful: bright red snapper, flat, goofy-looking flounder, whole squid, octopus, clams, many kinds of crabs, scallops, oysters, and so on. The smell was even great, letting me know that this stuff was very fresh, as advertised. The best part is being able to eat there, not just buy fresh seafood. We had crab balls with hushpuppies, stuffed crab, fried scallops, and fried trout fillets. I am getting hungry again just thinking about it.

Alas, as noted, no photos. I will go back again, probably this week if the weather cooperates, and take some photos. Post to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment