02 March 2009

Comfort food on a cold night


The beef bourguignon was a great success. A simple dish to make, all I really had to do was prep and simmer. I added some buttered egg noodles with parsley and some French bread from the store. I loved this dish. Simmering the beef with red wine and homemade beef stock for about 2 hours melded the flavors together very well and softened all the meat. My daughter liked it too! She has a few small pieces of beef and some gravy. She loved it.

I highly recommend this dish to anyone with a little time. It's great, especially on a night when it was cold and snowed quite a bit.

3 comments:

  1. p.s. when did my xmas/birthday list get so "adult"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know - i bought new cookware, partially, with xmas money that was left over. but, oh, how i will abuse those pots!

    ReplyDelete