14 March 2009

Spicy Broth Cures All - Pho Today

We had some friends over last night, and I made lasagna. The lasagna turned out great. We had some fresh bread, a simple spinach salad, and lots of wine. Needless to say, today was going to be a good day for spicy food. It's one of my favorite things to have the day after imbibing significant quantities of drink.

After running an errand, about which I will post later, we rolled up to Pho Today in Fairfax, VA. We definitely wanted some spicy food, and pho is one of the best ways to get it. I ordered the house special with all the beef bits available - meatball, tripe, brisket, etc. It was good. Not phenomenal, not the best ever, but a solid bowl of pho. When you put the condiments of your choice in - mine are basil, lime, bean sprouts, and lots of Sriracha sauce - the broth gets nice, spicy, and lovely. One of my favorite things in the world is spicy broth in pho. God, I love it.

Pho Today was good, but I'll go back only if I'm in the area. Still, it was hot and spicy! Here's the location:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment