28 March 2009

I Miss Texas Breakfast...and $2.10 Coffee

I really wish I could just transport lots of the local Mexican food restaurants from Texas to my neighborhood here. This morning, we woke up really wanting some good breakfast. I definitely could have gone for the migas at Coco Loco, College Station, Texas. Too bad for me.

We started doing a quick search for places to eat, and I noticed Anita's. I read some reviews that made breakfast there sound pretty good. So, why not? Well, turns out that it was decent. I ordered Anita's Famous Breakfast Burrito. It was filled with eggs and chorizo, covered in a "New Mexican" red chile sauce, and served with refried beans and homefries. I wasn't impressed, but it wasn't bad. The chile sauce overwhelmed the burrito itself, and I could have used more chorizo. It filled me up, but it felt like I was missing something. Perhaps it's the salsas from Coco Loco?

Here's the location of this branch of Anita's:

View Larger Map

I will probably eat here again, in large part because I want to try other items. But, I'll probably check out other breakfast joints around here before going back.

One last thing - the coffee was $2.10! For normal restaurant coffee?!?

1 comment: