22 March 2009

Pizza and Pho = Fat Boy

We had a great time with good friends last night, and we were vegging out today. As is typical, we decided to have pho, to get some spicy broth to help finish the day. But first - pizza! I was really hungry earlier so we ordered from the Pizza Bolis nearby in Vienna. I don't pretend to be a gourmet pizza guy, a pie aficionado. I'm not from New York or Chicago, so I don't get involved in pie fights. I just like a good slice of pizza, whatever kind of crust, with some good flavor. Pizza Bolis always hits the spot. Today was their white pizza, supreme (with jalapenos!), and some chicken wings. Good stuff.
View Larger Map

After a much-needed nap in the afternoon, we headed out for pho. There is a place nearby called Pho Thang Long in Fairfax. It was pretty good. Not the best I have had, my wife and I both agreeing that perhaps today wasn't a good broth day. Still, it hit the spot, especially with peppers and chili sauce. I will try it again, largely for convenience sake, but also because I really liked the people there, too. Regardless, here's the location:

View Larger Map

By the way, Tombstone is one of my favorite movies. I love that show. If you don't, suck it, Trebek!

No comments:

Post a Comment