27 March 2009

Opa! - Plaka Grill, Vienna, VA

I think we may have decided that Thursday night is dinner-out night. I think we have gone out the past two Thursdays, but that is irrelevant really. We decided to try a small Greek joint here in Vienna, and it worked out wonderfully.

Plaka Grill is in a small shopping center and definitely feels like a small, local place. There is maybe seating for 25 or so, and the service is extremely quick. We ordered two appetizers: hummus and tyrokefteri (feta, hot peppers, olive oil pureed together), Plaka gyro, and mousakka (eggplant, beef, pasta, cheese). Each dish was really good, and I ate entirely too much - go figure. We ordered more than we would normally because it was a) our first time here, b) we like Greek food, and c) why not? Plaka also gives you plenty of pita bread with each dish. I love that we did not have to go ask for more even though I was eating pita like I was starving.

Here's the location - NOTE: you won't find the correct location by typing in Plaka Grill, Vienna, VA for some reason. So, just use 110 Lawyers Rd NW, Vienna, VA:

View Larger Map

Plaka Grill gets high marks from me, especially since it was very quick service as well. It's not some swank joint, but definitely a good place for a good price. I shall return!

No comments:

Post a Comment