28 February 2009

New Dishes and Glace de Viande

I plan on trying my hand, for the first time, at making eggs Benedict. Homemade hollandaise is a must here, so it should be fun getting that to work out. I had planned on doing that this morning and even making beef bourguignon tonight, but I stayed up a bit late and shot the whole morning/midday to hell.

Also, I followed Pepin's advice and am using the stock left over from simmering the bones from yesterday's stock a second time. He states that you can use these bones, simmer them for another 8-10 hours, then reduce, reduce, reduce. Finally, you should end up with a caramelized concentration - glace de viande (meat glaze). If it works out, then I should be able to keep it in cubes in the refrigerator to add extra flavor to any number of dishes.

Plus, who doesn't want cubes of reduced beef bone juices in the fridge to show friends?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment