26 February 2009

Wait - I was supposed to cook with, not drink that wine?




So, I always have this proclivity to drink whatever is within arm's reach (or at least only a couple paces - ok, dammit, maybe a half-mile) of me when I am cooking. I often buy cheaper wines to cook with so I'm not spending...wait, I buy cheaper wines to drink, who am I kidding?

Regardless, I buy some extra bottles of cheaper wine to cook with...that magically disappears! It's like "Cooking with Copperfield" - one minute, there is that $3.99 Pinot Grigio I was about to use - next, why is my glass full again? And, where did that big glass bottle go? Needless to say, I often have to go back to the store to buy wine for cooking. Plus, there is at least one other, living, breathing individual who (apparently) says, "Enough is enough, you don't have to cook your veal shanks with $50 Italian wine!" Or, as this article from a couple years ago says, at least it's not that big of a deal.

I don't really care though. I love cooking, drinking wine (etc.), and having a good time, so what if it is sometimes by myself while cooking chicken cacciatore, osso buco, or simply potato and leek soup?

NOTE: I am sure the image is copyrighted by Charles Shaw Something or Other. Feed the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment