19 February 2009

Oops - I forgot about Tequila Grande!

How could I forget my first foray into Mexican food back in VA? Well, Tequila Grande in Vienna, VA, was definitely not like it is back home. Go figure. However, I had the chiles rellenos and they were good. I would order it again, so I think that is a good sign. However, the breading was too thick in a few spots, but I can live with it. If I had my choice, I would have obviously hand-breaded chiles rellenos, but life is not perfect.

Most dishes are served with Mexican rice (whatever, I never eat the rice anyway), black beans, pico de gallo and guacamole. I liked the guacamole, too. I think that says something as well. It seemed like it was prepared at the restaurant - nice avocados, fresh, and well-balanced.

So, if you are out Vienna-way, I'd say give it a shot. But, for those of you from my own wonderland, I would rather have my friend's grandma's cooking any day.

This place is located at 444 Maple Ave West, Vienna, VA - check the map.


View Larger Map

God, I cannot wait for warmer weather so I can enjoy fajitas and margaritas on the deck!

1 comment:

  1. why don't you like rice? i just tried this great recipe for mex. rice from homesicktexan.blogspot.com. if you want to have a tex/mex cookoff- you're on!

    ReplyDelete