19 February 2009

Wilson Blvd Goodness - Cafe Assorti

Cafe Assorti serves Kazakh food. I don't know crap about Kazakh food, but there were lots of items similar to those I ate when I studied in Russia - esp. samsa and pirozhki. Good meat- and veggie-filled treats. Plus, the chicken noodle soup was nice and it had the ubiquitous fresh dill that was also on everything I ate in Russia. It is used so much in Russia that I wonder if dill is some sort of hangover cure or cure for ED...anybody?

Anyway, this place is located at 1800 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA, or, for those of you too lazy to open a new tab in Firefox, please see below.


View Larger Map

The service here is wonderful. I was there with my 8 month old daughter, and they loved her. Wait, who doesn't love my daughter? She's cute, funny, and a joy to be around (except when she is being annoying). Digression over. The people were friendly, and several were from somewhere behind the Iron Curtain. I really liked...what'd you say? We're not in a cold war with Russia anymore? Hmmmm, I need to start drinking more water.

Suck it, Trebek!

(That statement copyrighted or owned by whoever it is copyrighted or owned by.)

No comments:

Post a Comment