24 April 2009

My Go-to Exercises: Pullups and Pushups

I know. This has nothing to do with food or drink, and, for many, fun. However, I understand that importance of at least a little bit of exercise because I do enjoy food and drink quite a bit.

My problem is this: I am staying at home right now and am not willing to drop $$$$ on a gym just in case we move this year (we're looking to buy, if that is an earthly possibility right now). So, what do I do? PULLUPS AND PUSHUPS! Yay.

NOTE: If you cannot do one of either of these, that is a great place to start. Give it a shot. It's not that big of a deal. You would be surprised by how many people cannot do a legitimate pullup.

WORD.

4 comments:

  1. How about for cardio? Do you walk, run, swim, or something else? Or do you just do so many pullups and pushups that it counts for cardio too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. My main cardio is pretty standard - walking up and down the stairs and taking walks when the weather is nice.

    My cardio exercises definitely suffer when I'm stuck at home. I do jog on the weekends some or even occasionally during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pull-up...yeah...lucky to see my chin up on one.

    push-up...yeah...lucky to see my chin down on one.

    heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Coach, I increased my squats by doing more curls" Jorge Prate

    ReplyDelete