04 May 2009

Hand Tenderizing!


OK, yeah, it's been awhile. I'll make a comeback sooner or later.

I made fajitas again yesterday and worked on another beef flank stank in addition to tenderized (by the store) beef round steak. Last time, the flank stank was still a bit thick when I cooked it. The flavor was great, but the thickness was too much.

This go-round: HAND TENDERIZING! I have a regular stainless steel hand tenderizer that (I think) cost me about $5 or so. I tried it last time with the flank steak on the countertop, but not this time! Oh no, Mr. Beef Flank Steak, I pounded you out on the porch! The process: place a towel on the concrete, put some plastic wrap on the meat and a towel over it, and SMASH! Or at least that is the way I did it.

This process worked quite well, and it thinned out the flank steak just enough. Now, I cooked plenty of other food and we ate that first, so the flank steak is all mine! MWAHAAHAHAH. OK, I like beef fajitas.

In sum, hand tenderizing is fun because you get to pound on something and then actually use/eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment