19 April 2009

Scallops! ...and Bacon! ...and Jalapenos!

Some friends were here today to have our kids play and eat some food. I tried scallops wrapped in bacon again, and they turned out much better this time around. I think the last time we had them, the bacon did not cook enough so it was too soft. This time, I definitely left them on the grill until the bacon was more crisp than last time. They tasted great and are quite easy to prep and cook.

I included a slice of fresh jalapeno with about 8 of the scallops. Talk about good. I loved having the crunch of the jalapeno, but these peppers were much more spicy than ones I've had lately. Thanks, Safeway, I needed some heat in my life today. Well, it was nothing that a good beer couldn't cool down!

For those of you in the area, we're looking forward to fajitas, homemade guacamole, and cold beer sometime this spring and summer!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. Those were some hot jalapenos. In fact, I'm still sweating 6 hours later.

    ReplyDelete