04 April 2009

Step 1 - Cocktails

I'm really dragging right now, so I'll put out the info on our night out last night in baby steps, like my little lady learning to walk. We went out last night for drinks, dinner, and some downtime...or no-baby time.

Step 1: Acadiana, Washington DC. We stopped by Acadiana because I had read they had some good, old-fashioned cocktails. This place did not disappoint. Granted, I had never had a Sazerac, but I really like this drink. It hails from that sweet state of Louisiana and combines absinthe, rye whiskey, and two kinds of bitters with simple syrup. Great stuff, and I would love to learn myself how to make this great drink.

As for my other half, she went for the bourbon fizz - a great drink in it's own right. The bourbon fizz at Acadiana has Woodford Reserve, praline (!) liqueur, and club soda. The praline liqueur really made this one good and unique. Needless to say, I liked them both.

We will definitely try Acadiana for dinner sometime in the future. With a full bar and dining room on Friday night, something must be going right here.

View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. praline liqueur! that sounds delicious!!

    p.s. so i emailed my cousin about the espresso drink, and apparently we're supposed to use licor 43 instead of sambuca. completely different! but, a google search only comes up with results in spanish. thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm - several liqueurs are used in coffee drinks, incl espresso, as a substitute for other standard sweeteners (esp sugar)

    seems like using licor 43 is just another version of the same! of course, with sambuca, you get that hint of licorice where I don't think you would with licor 43 (from what i've read about it)

    ReplyDelete