24 May 2010

Pho 2000 - In case you need noodles in Herndon...

I like pho, as is well-known to those who know me well. I enjoy trying new pho locations throughout the area and just recently tried Pho 2000 in Herndon/Reston/whatever you call it Virginia. I was pleased to find out that it was pretty damn good.

First, I will never claim, like some douchebags do, that I KNOW what pho should taste like. I don't really case what it is supposed to taste like, I just know what I like. I like broth that is not too sweet, plenty of meat and other random bits, fresh basil, peppers, etc., and plenty of random sauces to put in it. Well, I really only like sriracha and maybe red pepper paste(?).

Second, as a result of the above, my judgment of any individual pho restaurant is subject to my personal taste. Pho 2000 fit the bill. The broth was good, almost too sweet for me, and the rest of the requirements from above checked out. It did not hurt that the fried summer rolls were damn good, too, and, as always, the iced coffee fit in nicely.

If you are ever in this area (see map below!) and want some pho, definitely stop in Pho 2000. The one drawback: there were few ways to customize what you wanted in your pho (i.e. meatballs, tripe, tendon) BUT the rest of the menu was fairly extensive. IN fact, they have seafood hotpot. I really want to try that one - any takers?

MAP!

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment